3 Spooktacular Treats That Are Healthy For You
Normally the word healthy and Halloween are a combination that doesn’t go together, but that’s a thing of the past!! It’s much easier to eat healthier this Halloween with a little bit of creativity. Here are 3 Spooktacular treats that you and your loved ones will devour without all the sugar!
Salted Chocolate Macadamia Nut Fat Bombs
- 3/4 cup roasted unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1-ounce unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Flaked sea salt for garnish
Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with 10 parchment paper cupcake liners or silicone liners. Set aside 10 of the macadamia nut halves for garnish.
Grind the remaining nuts in a food processor or blender until they resemble coarse crumbs. Add the avocado oil and continue to process until the mixture becomes a smooth butter.
In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the macadamia nut butter, chocolate, and coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth.
Whisk in the sweetener, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and fine sea salt. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared cups, filling each one about one-third full. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then gently press a macadamia nut half into the top of each cup. Sprinkle lightly with flaked sea salt.
Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 4 medium-sized granny smith apples, cut into 8 sections each
- 1 cup natural creamy organic peanut butter
- 1 cup yogurt covered goji berries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Section each apple and then sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Spread about 1 tsp. of peanut butter on each slice. Stick 4-6 yogurt-covered berries on an angle in the peanut butter, then place a second peanut butter-covered apple slice on top. (You may need to secure with a toothpick or extra peanut butter.)
Cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- 6 oz. white chocolate melting wafers
- A small tube of black icing
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place white chocolate wafers in a small bowl.
- Put in the microwave in 30-second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dunk strawberries in the chocolate and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Continue the process until all strawberries are covered.
- Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to let the chocolate harden and cool.
- Remove from oven. Using a small tube of black icing, make two eyes and a mouth with the icing. (as shown in the photo)
Happy Halloween from Life Activated Brands!